Franklin County Beekeepers Association:
All Scheduled MEETINGS AND EVENTS LIST - 2017
- Thursday, February 16 Franklin Co. Beekeepers' Assoc. Quarterly Meeting. 7:00 PM at the Franklin County Ag Heritage Building, 185 Franklin Farm Lane in Chambersburg. Dr. Traynor will speak on "Bee Breeding Around the Globe"
- March 2,9,16,23th FCBA Beginner Beekeeping Basic Course. Ag Heritage Building 185 Franklin Farm Lane Chambersburg Room 7&8
- April 8th - Beginner Beekeeping Field Day: (weather permitting) 1-4pm. Georgia Townsends Apiary 771Mt. Cydonia Rd. Fayetteville
- MAY 6th-FCBA NUCS pick-up day: (date approximate and may change) 8-10am. Myron Showalters Apiary 178 Milnor Rd Greencastle
- May 8th- Newbie Check & Summer Meeting: 6:00. Georgia Townsends Apiary 771Mt. Cydonia Rd. Fayetteville
- June 12th- Ice Cream Social: 6:30pm. Twin Bridges Camp Ground Pavilion.
- June 20th Summer Newbie Workshop: 6:00 pm. Kingsland Apiary 7920 Ward Dr. Mercersburg.
- July 20th Fall Newbie Workshop: getting ready for winter 7-9pm. Ag Heritage Building 185 Franklin Farm Lane Chambersburg Room 7&8.
- Aug 10th Fall meeting(weather permitting) 6:00pm. Georgia Townsends Apiary 771Mt. Cydonia Rd. Fayetteville.
- Aug 19th National Honey Bee Day, Celebration Picnic, Bake Sale Yard Sale and Open Mic Contest: 9:00-3pm. Kingsland Apiary 7920 Ward Dr. Mercersburg - booth set up starts 8:00am.
- Sept 14th Do you want to be a beekeeper? seminar 7-9pm. Ag Heritage Building 185 Franklin Farm Lane Chambersburg Room 7&8.
- October 12th, Graduation, Banquet and Silent Auction 6:30pm. Presbyterian Church 40 Lincoln Way W, Chambersburg, PA 17201
NOTE: there are separate individual instructions and maps for each of the events listed above included. For copies of and info contact Randy King at 717/328-9256 or by email at: email@example.com.
BE ADVISED THAT DATES MAY BE ADDED THROUGHOUT THE SEASON (newbee check up meetings, special seminars and classes, etc.).
Check your email, FCBA website and the FCBA facebook page for updates. Franklin County (PA) Beekeepers Assn Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/310096252347657/